From detoxifying tonics to natural shampoo, this product is becoming a stable for health nuts. It is not some obscure elixir lurking in the back shelf of a holistic herbalism shop. In fact, your grandmother has been using it for years. It is the wonderful and humble, Apple Cider Vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar has many uses, but where this products shines most is in the kitchen. More specifically, in your food. Apple cider vinegar is quite underrated in mainstream health. Here are some of the little known but applaudable health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: Stable blood sugar means a healthy body and heart. Reduce your risk for diabetes, heart disease, and other ailments by drinking apple cider vinegar. Even after eating a carb-heavy meal, studies have shown that drinking 2 tablespoons of vinegar is enough to reduce sugar spikes and regulate your blood glucose.
- Aids in Nutrient Absorption: Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid. This helps better absorb important nutrients, including calcium. Pair vinegar-based salad dressing with dark leafy salads to get the most nutrition out of your greens!
- Reduces Heartburn: Debunking popular knowledge, an excess of acid does not cause heart burn. In fact, a lack in acid is actually the cause. The stomach is naturally acidic, so when there is not enough, the stomach churns up the acid that it has. That is what you feel as heartburn. Antacids don’t help in these situations, and intern are more harmful than helpful to your digestion. Apple cider vinegar helps restore your stomach’s acid and regulates healthy digestion.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Apple cider vinegar has been shown to increase bile production and promote a healthy liver. This helps break down the bad cholesterol in your body. Your body naturally produces all the cholesterol it needs, therefore you do not need to consume any extra from food. Add apple cider vinegar into your diet and avoid cholesterol-containing foods like meat and dairy to keep your cholesterol levels in check.
- Anti-inflammatory: Stress, lack of sleep, excess alcohol, and especially poor diet all contribute to inflammation in the body. Due to apple cider vinegar’s regulation of blood sugar, its alkalizing pH, and good sources of potassium and vitamin C, it is a natural remedy for reducing inflammation. It also can ease minor joint pain and headaches, and promote a healthy immune system!